Neurosurgical Associates, Ltd. has been affiliated with Allina Health System since October 1, 2016 and we are completing the next phase in our transition by moving over to the Allina Health computer system on July 1, 2018. Just prior to the transition we will be shutting down secure communications on your NextMD portal account. How will this transition impact you?
1) Effective June 27, 2018, you will no longer be able to send and receive secure messages to/from Neurosurgical Associates via the NextMD portal. During the transition, please call 612-871-7278 for medical questions, prescription refill requests and medical records requests.
2) Effective October 1, 2018, you will no longer be able to access your NextMD saved records. Between June 27, 2018 and October 1, 2018, please print any records from your portal account that you would like to keep. After October 1, 2018, the system will be shut down.
3) Effective July 1, 2018, you will have access to the Allina “My Chart” portal account. Some of the features are: email with your care team, prescription refill requests, health summary, and billing summary.
If you already have “My Chart” through Allina Health Systems, you do not need to set up new portal access. You will already have access to the providers and staff and Neurosurgical Associates.
If you don’t currently have “My Chart”, here’s how you can sign up:
1) In Person: Ask a representative to sign you up at your next Allina clinic or Allina hospital visit.
2) Online: Activate your account online by going to ( ) and choose create an account.
3) Fax or mail (proxy access only-allows you to access another child’s or adult’s health record): You will need to complete the Child or Adult proxy form, see the links below (instructions are including in the link)